He’s also uploaded the logos you must display on your game. Look for them in the extended newspiece.
Well, they are nicer people than any of us could imagine 🙂 They’re sponsoring the first BennuGD Wiz/PC contest and are providing us with three prizes for the best entries.
Read on for more on the contest.
Last week, forum user blostec suggested we held a new Bennu contest (right in time for Christmas!). Most people in the forums really liked the idea and so it was decided that a contest would be held.
After contacting GamePark Holdings (GPH, for short), they agreed to sponsor it and provide the three great main prizes. Those will be:
So, hurry up and register for the competition!. You can sign up until the 15th of November (although registration is not required, it is appreciated for pure administrative purposes) and your game must run fine in the Wiz console (which means that your games should run fine at 320x240x16, you can use scale_resolution for doing that without having to change your code, but obviously the best way to ensure it will work in the Wiz is buying one :).
You must also include the BennuGD and GPH logos (for the BennuGD logos, Splinter suggests using this one or maybe one of these).
Your game might end up being pre-installed in future versions of the Wiz console!
The complete rule-set for the contest is available below:
* The game’s topic is free.
* The games should run on PC and Wiz.
* The games must be programmed using BennuGD.
* The games will be 2D.
* The games should run properly on a screen resolution of 320x240x16
(scale_resolution can be used to get this requirement)
* Only accept original games (not previously releases)
* Only original or free graphics, sound and music are allowed.
* The games must will include GPH’s logo and BennuGD’s logo at the beginning of it (those logos will be provided by the organizers of this contest).
* The games must include the full source code, resources, compiling and running scripts, .ini and all the necessary stuffs for the proper execution of the game in PC (Windows and Linux) and WIZ. For WIZ, the runtime should be used in folder .. /bgd-runtime (the runtime files don’t are requiered include on package).
* Joystick and/or mouse supports is requiered.
* Will be appraise the use of the touchscreen (in the case of Wiz), in case of PC, this will be the PC mouse (left button).
* The game’s language must be at least in English. More than one language is allowed.
* We will not accept the use of unofficial modules (dlls/so).
* Each participant may submit as many games to consider, but only the best of them may be creditors of one prize.
* We will evaluate the following categories:
– sound (music/effects).
* The court shall consist of GPH (the sponsor), SplinterGU (BennuGD) and some other members to nominate (this members will be announced shortly).
* Jurors don’t may participate in the contest.
* Under no circumstances will allow games that infringe copyright in any aspect/feature of it.
* Games will not racist, discriminatory or prejudicial to the morals and custom, or prejudice of persons / entities / etc.
* Contestants retain copyright of their works, which means you can reuse / donate code and resources on other projects. But both GPH as BennuGD may freely use all the games involving the competition, provided that this does not represent the sale of such games. BennuGD and GPH are authorized by the contestants to make free and open use of the games participants on issues such as: preinstalled games include in new Wiz or post it on their website as free fee download games, use them as promotion of their products, etc… The contestant shall not claim any economic reward to it.
* Participation in this competition implies knowledge and acceptance of the rules previously mentioned.
* Start/Finish time (subject to confirmation):
– Registration until November 15th (not required)
– Delivery until
6 31 January 2010 (the games must be send to firstname.lastname@example.org)
– Results on
January 16 February.
1st Prize: 1 Full Package WIZ (Wiz + accessories)
2nd Prize: 1 Wiz.
3rd Prize: Accessories Wiz.
So hurry up and start coding now for those Wiz consoles!